South Atlantic Fishery Management Council Meeting
June 10-14, 2019
Briefing Book Materials Now Available; Public Comment Open
Briefing book materials are now available for the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council’s June 10-14, 2019 meeting at the Hutchinson Island Marriott, 555 NE Ocean Boulevard, Stuart, FL 34996. The meeting week begins with a series of committee meetings and concludes with a meeting of the Full Council.
The briefing book materials, including agendas, overviews, and discussion documents, are now available from the Council’s website.
- Red Snapper – The Snapper Grouper Committee will discuss alternatives for modifying the start dates, days of the week, and minimum number of fishing days required for opening the red snapper seasons.
- Best Fishing Practices and Use of Powerhead Gear – The Snapper Grouper Committee will continue to discuss proposed requirements for the use of descending devices, venting tools, and circle hooks, as well as changes to restrictions on powerhead gear through Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 29.
- Dolphin Wahoo – The Dolphin Wahoo Committee will continue to discuss management options for both dolphin and wahoo to include in draft Amendment 10 to the Dolphin Wahoo Fishery Management Plan.
- Allocations – The Council will meet as a Committee of the Whole to begin discussions of allocations between recreational and commercial sectors.
- Atlantic King Mackerel – The Council will consider an increase in the Atlantic king mackerel commercial trip limit through emergency action.
- Tuesday, June 11 Informal Q&A Session 5:00 PM The Council will hold an informal public Q&A session with NOAA Fisheries Regional Administrator Dr. Roy Crabtree and Council representatives.
- Tuesday, June 11 and Wednesday, June 12 5:00 PMMembers of the fishing community are encouraged to provide suggestions to improve how fisheries research and development projects are communicated to the public.
- Wednesday, June 12 Formal Public Comment 4:00 PM
- Online Public CommentMembers of the public may also provide written comments on agenda items via the Council’s Online Comment Form. Comments may also be viewed online as they are posted. Additional details are available from June Meetingpage.
- Meeting via Webinar – Listen to the meeting and view presentations via webinar each day as the meeting occurs. Registration required. Click the links below to register ahead for each day and receive an email reminder: